Winter Homecoming Update
Re: Updates for Homecoming
- Welch Public Schools has hired a professional photographer to take photos at the ceremony. We ask that parents not take photos down on the court before, during, or after the ceremony. This is to limit groups from crowding together. Per our protocols, the only individuals on the court at any time are participating students, officials, coaches, and administrators. Photos will be provided for free download on our Facebook page after the ceremony.
- 4:00 PM - Court participants only to the gym for photos.
- 4:30 PM - Doors open to public for ceremony (FREE)
- 5:00 PM - Ceremony
- 5:15 PM - All individuals exit GYM
- 5:30 PM - Gate opens for game per procedures below:
- We are currently at RED level, which means capacity at games is limited to 50%. We will prioritize parent access to games with the following procedure:
- Gate Times:
- 5:30 - Parent Priority Pass Gate (Please see #1 below)
- 5:45 - Visitor and General Public Gate
- Each player on the Welch High School boys and girls roster will receive 4 "Parent Priority Gate Passes" these allow the pass holder to enter during Parent Priority Pass Gate time (5:30 - 5:45). Each pass is good for one individual, and tickets must still be purchased for the game. Only individuals with these special passes will be allowed inside during this gate time. No more than 4 passes will be given to a player. All other family members outside of the 4 pass holders will have to enter during visitor/general public gate time. We will try to have these passes out to players today.
- At 5:45 the gate will open to the visiting team (limit two guests per visitor player) and the general public.
- Gate will close when capacity is met. The doors to the gym will be locked and max capacity signs will be posted.
These protocols are in place to ensure that parents of Welch players are given priority access to our home games, but most importantly they are in place to ensure the health and safety of our Welch Wildcat basketball players. We will be diligent in making sure our students have a basketball season. Masks will be required at all times. Gameplay will stop until all spectators comply.
We appreciate your understanding. We encourage all those outside of the immediate family of players that can stay home to do so as all games will be live-streamed onto our Facebook page.
-- WPS Administration Team